The Supreme Court has signaled a green flag for passing tenders for High Security Number Plates in Chandigarh. The administrator has got a time line till March 31, 2012 for the same. The high security number plates ensure a vehicles security with many things which are kept in mind while making them.
It was made mandatory by the administration for the new vehicles which got their registration done on August 1 or thereafter to have only these plates but this decision was made without passing a tender and without getting clearance from the Supreme Court. Till the clearance from the court came, more than 4500 vehicles in the city were carrying the high security number plates. Therefore, the court took action and the administration had to cancel and revert its decision. Now that the clearance has come from the court, the administration is going to re-resume this work of registering vehicles with high security number plates.
If all goes well, it will be made compulsory for even the old vehicles to get their number plates changed and switch to the high security number plates soon!
How the high security number plate works?
The plate has got special elements as you can see in the picture. There is a unique hologram which shows that the plate is legit and is manufactured by an authorised agency.
Each plate has got a unique serial no. which is lasered on it for its identification.
The lock which is used to attach the no. plates to the vehicle is permanent and can’t be removed or reused.
The no. on the plate has got ‘INDIA’ inscripted over it.
These all steps are taken to put a control over theft of vehicles in the city although time will only tell that will these be really beneficial in that case!
- Harley Davidson Showroom Chandigarh at Elante Mall - August 24, 2014
- Chandigarh to Kasauli: Weekend hotspot in Monsoons! - July 19, 2014
- Running keeps you fit and healthy - June 27, 2014
- Chandigarh to Shimla flight introduced - June 14, 2014
- Online college admissions 2014 for PU colleges started - June 7, 2014
- 7 home decor tips for small houses - June 3, 2014
- Airtel, Vodafone, Idea kickstarted 3G service in Chandigarh - May 31, 2014
- Sachin Tendulkar in Chandigarh for Traffic awareness campaign - May 23, 2014
- Stray dog menace on the rise! - May 22, 2014
- Kirron Kher outruns AAP and INC, wins in Chandigarh - May 19, 2014
- Harley Davidson Showroom Chandigarh at Elante Mall
- Chandigarh to Kasauli: Weekend hotspot in Monsoons!
- Running keeps you fit and healthy
- Chandigarh to Shimla flight introduced
- Online college admissions 2014 for PU colleges started
- 7 home decor tips for small houses